Monday, September 8, 2014

This Is What I Do Want

Elise Smithmyer of By & By singing lead
Photo By Mr. Dickie

It's OK to notice what you don't want, because it gives you contrast to say, "This is what I do want." But the fact is, the more you talk about what you don't want, or talk about how bad it is, read about that all the time, and then say how terrible it is - well, you're creating more of that.
(Jack Canfield in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, p. 144)

******
Yesterday I finished searching all of the Notes in my Conger genealogy file for people named Conger who had the data tag "AKA:".  This is part of a project to put Nicknames into the Nickname field in RootsMagic.

I also remembered to download my "free" music from the county library Freegal service.  The weekly allotment of five songs is reset on Monday.  I selected some songs from The Essential Mary Chapin Carpenter album.

A few times lately I've been preparing my blog posts the night before I want them to post. Then I don't feel so pressured in the mornings to type something to post.

Dick Henthorn
8 September 2014

No comments: