Friday, September 19, 2014

Celebrate Your Life

Mr. Dickie acting silly while celebrating his 75th birthday

If you can forgive the person you were, accept the person you are, and believe in the person you will become, you are headed for joy. So celebrate your life.
(Barbara Johnson in 100 Days Of Prayer For Women, p. 203)

******

I got a good workout yesterday.  I spent most of the afternoon working in the flower garden along the back fence.  I finished the project to clear out the wild raspberries and other weeds.  I didn't see any poison ivy this time.  I filled two garbage cans with debris, including one piece of pear tree root from the Bradford pear tree we took out several years ago.  Each time I find another piece of rotting root I think I've got the last one. The last project in this garden area is to set 13 red scalloped concrete blocks along the edge. The digging for this project is already done. We recently bought a straight edged shovel.  I wonder why I didn't make that purchase 30 years ago.  Interesting how having the right tool for the job makes things easier.

Dick Henthorn
19 September 2013

No comments: