Monday, December 20, 2010

Preparing a Christmas Letter


Words of wisdom inspire us, but they have value only if we can take them into our hearts and use them in our daily lives. (One Day At A Time in Al-Anon, 6 December)

******

I used a number of different tools to create, print, and send our Christmas form letter this year. I typed the letter using my text editor, EditPad Lite; I formatted the letter (centering and bold facing) using Google Docs; I used my HP PhotoSmart camera to take the poinsettia photo and to add the oval vignette; I created a PDF version of the letter by telling Google Docs to download the letter to my computer in that format; I printed the two-sided letter on my HP LaserJet 1020 telling the print program to print on both sides of the paper; address labels were prepared by typing forty-five lines (for forty-five labels) with the EditPad Lite in the Comma Separated Value (CSV) format; the CSV file was uploaded to Labelmakr.com on the Internet where the file was converted into a PDF file suitable for printing on two sheets of Avery 5160 labels of thirty labels per sheet; the free PDF file was downloaded to my computer where Adobe Acrobat Reader was used to view and print the labels; I used stationery and envelopes that I had on hand; there was a picture of earth from outer space on the stationery and Christmas artwork on the business envelopes; stamps were purchased on Sunday from the bank ATM machine.

Mr. Dickie
20/Dec/2010 8:30

No comments: