Friday, November 12, 2010

New Books

The world is full of amateur tailors trying to make us fit into their patterns, even if they have to squeeze and push us into them. (Sortor and McQuade, The Word On Life, 8 November)

******

Yesterday we went to the 50% off sale at the thrift store. I had a very good day in the book section. I bought seven books with a retail value of $70.78 for $4.28: Conversational Italian; Helen Steiner Rice - A Collection of Blessings; Earnie Larsen and Carol Hegarty - Believing in Myself; Perennials; Edwin B. Williams - Spanish and English Dictionary; Karen Nitkin - Fun With the Family Maryland; Les Krantz and Tim Knight - The Book of Books.

I made post number 1,700 to my Arrow Prayers blog today.

In the evening I watched Conan O'Brian for the first time since he returned to television on the cable channel TBS. He still isn't funny. I guess I just don't get it.

Mr. Dickie
12/Nov/2010 7:46

No comments: