Sunday, November 14, 2010

90th Birthday

We should forget those things which are behind us and press onward toward something better. (Twenty-Four Hours a Day, 8 November)

******

I didn't post anything to my blogs yesterday. We attended the 90th birthday party for our next door neighbor, Wanda. It was held at the home of her daughter in Street, MD which is northeast of Baltimore and very near the Pennsylvania border. There was a nice crowd and we had a very nice time.

As of yesterday I have a new Facebook friend, Don Gardner, one of my very good friends from college days. I got a big kick out of seeing him on Facebook. I suggested that he make friends with four other college friends to help him get started.

I bought another nice book for fifty cents. It's a daily devotion book by Helen Steiner Rice - From The Heart. I'll use it during my daily reading time next year.

At the end of the week federal agents arrested the Prince George's County Executive and his wife and charged them with crimes related to "Pay For Play." He had about three weeks left in his second four-year term. At the beginning of November his wife had been elected to her first term on the county council. I sounds like there will be a very strong case against them. I believe they both face twenty-year prison terms.

Mr. Dickie
14/Nov/2010 8:21

No comments: