- Should I be a vegetarian?
- Is there ever a just war?
- Will I ever be free of racial prejudice?
- How far should I go toward responsibility for the environment?
- How politically active should I be?
Moral reflections like these give rise to a philosophy of life that may never have absolute clarity or simplicity. But these soul thoughts can generate a deep-rooted moral sensitivity, different from a straightforward adherence to an established set of principles, but solid and demanding nonetheless.
(Thomas Moore, Care Of The Soul, p. 247)
3 June 2015