Thursday, December 4, 2014

Boundaries


... boundaries are a civilizing ingredient in social interaction, a matter of self-respect and respect for others. Setting limits requires some degree of communication skills because others cannot read my mind nor I theirs. Others need to know how I feel and I need to lovingly communicate my feelings. Likewise, it is important that I listen to and respect their feelings.
(Hope For Today, 6 November)

******
Melva hung the ornaments on our little Christmas tree. I unwrapped the rest of the figurines from the Christmas Village display and replaced three light bulbs that I didn't like in the ceramic houses yesterday. I'll need to go up in the attic one more time to organize the empty boxes and to put away the last boxes when the decorating is done. We've been working on the project for at least three days.

Dick Henthorn
4 December 2014

No comments: