Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What Do You Want


Do not ask for more than you need, for things that mainly prop up your self-importance.  Ask God to help you never yield to excess.
(after Thomas 'a Kempis, The Imitation of Christ, Book 3, Chapter 26)

*****
We ordered a new washing machine for delivery on Thursday. Yesterday I worked on the project to disconnect the hoses and clean under the old machine.  That didn't go well.  The hoses are frozen to the two cutoff valves over the laundry sink. I got discouraged and walked off after I loosened one of the hoses from the back of the machine but I didn't take the hose off.  Bad idea.  Later, when I returned to the basement there was water on the floor making a wet mess of the debris under the machine. After I disconnected both hoses and cleaned floor I discovered that both hoses, still connected to the cutoff faucets, were leaking.  Silly me, when I had a plumber here to replace the laundry sink faucet I should have replaced the cutoff valves.  

This morning I cleaned up the mess on the floor. Life goes on, I have the plumber coming tomorrow morning to install the new valves.  We are on schedule to resume doing laundry sometime Thursday.

Dick Henthorn
26 Aug 2014

No comments: