Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Getting Ready


A doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
(The One Year Book Of Bible Readings, 18 October

******
The hoses to the old washer were frozen on the water cutoff valves over the laundry sink.  Early this morning we had two plumbers here for an hour replacing the old valves. After they cut out the old valves one of them tried to remove one of the hoses.  He couldn't do it and I couldn't do it the other day.  I would have freaked out had I discovered this problem during the delivery of the new washer. I consider myself very lucky that I noticed this problem before deliver of the new washer which is scheduled for tomorrow.  The three of us are looking forward to being able to do the laundry in our own house again after many weeks. Deciding which washer to buy has been a long and tedious process.

I let some duplicate records get into one of my genealogy files.  It's a lot easier to import duplicates than it is to find and eliminate them.  I think the problem manifested because so many of the families in the source file are related.  In the course of working on the problem I've learned more about how to use RootsMagic.

Dick Henthorn
27 August 2014

No comments: