Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reading Is Fundamental


... the possibility of making damned fools of ourselves would appear to be limitless.
(Frederick Buechner, Listening To Your Life, 15 September)

Every one of us has the responsibility to help those in need, no matter our age or the circumstances of our lives. People are counting on us. Let's do the best we can as often as we can. (The Christophers, Three Minutes A Day, Vol. 41, 26 December)

Yesterday I was able to start my 2014 reading in all of the books I selected to read each day.  Now I must resolve to set aside enough time each day to follow my plan to read the entire stack of books during the year. Do you have a plan to turn off the television for a while each day in order to find time for reading some books on your reading list?

Mr. Dickie
2 January 2014

No comments: