Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Perfect Moment

The first three times you came with the same story [they] would listen and try to help. But if you showed up a fourth time and it was the same old tired things, the others in the circle would just get up and move ... it was time you did something about it.
(Amy E. Dean, Night Light, 21 November)

The perfect moment never arrives, there is never a convenient time.
(Promises Of Joy, p. 174)

... you can always make your own choices about how to handle the painful problems that come your way.
(The Christophers, Three Minutes A Day, Vol. 41 or 44, 29 October)

I was struck by how much of this man's inner focus was on dis-order, dis-harmony, and disease ...
(after Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, The Power Of Intention)

If I'm on the wrong track, I want to know it so I can correct my faults and attitude. Others can often see our problems more clearly than we can, and from that we get our best help.
(One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 20 August)

To overcome my faults, I must first know what they are. Then I must admit to them, and, finally, with patient self-correction, diminish them, even if I cannot set myself wholly free.
(One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 19 June)

Slavery, is anything that keeps you from your God-ordained destiny and the fulfillment of his promises for you.
(Beth Moore, Praying God's Word Day By Day, 8 August)

Whatever course you decide upon; there is always someone to tell you you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires ... courage.
(Amy E. Dean, Night Light, 15 September)

Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to advice.
(Proverbs 12{15 (NRSV), Promises Of Joy, p. 167)

Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise.
(Ephesian 5:15, in Promises Of Joy, p. 220)

No comments: