Sunday, February 17, 2013

Present Possibilities

Photo: Melva at the Community College Quilt Show

... life has a bitter side, and you have to be prepared to deal with it. (Thomas Moore, Dark Nights Of The Soul, p. 75)

... how do the people who are often undervalued by society find the hope, direction and encouragement they need to fulfill their God-given destinies? (John C. Maxwell, Leadership, 26 January)

The perfectionist, clinging stubbornly to ideas of what life ought to be, often has difficulty grasping the concepts of acceptance and detachment. (after One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 23 December)

I will examine my own attitudes and activities and face the fact that much of what I do or leave undone - contributes to my distress. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 4 February)

Many people procrastinate making life changes because of fears of disapproval from others. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 77)

Look for fears and limiting beliefs as you'd seek weeds in a garden. Observe them, and then yank them out by the roots! (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 80-1)

... honor people and their process even when it looks dysfunctional by your standards. ... Rather than allowing indifference to close your heart and mind to situations and people, learn how to be detached. In this way you will be available to offer what you can, when you can. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 16 December)

... focus on present possibilities, and be content with today. ( A Gentle Spirit, 19 December)

******
This morning I inadvertently altered the appearance of my Chrome browser's bookmark bar. At first I was upset. After thinking about what happened for a few minutes I came up with a "fix" that will probably prove better. I created a folder that I labeled, Access which will thus be the left-most (first) folder to appear on the Bookmarks bar. In the Access folder I stored the links to the pages I frequently access like:

  • Arrow Prayers
  • Mr. Dickie's Blog
  • HenthornFamily Wiki
  • Facebook
  • Gmail
  • Wonderpage
  • Delicious
  • Google Reader
Mr. Dickie
17 February 2013





No comments: