Friday, February 8, 2013

Decision Making

Be aware of the things you do that diminish and distort your sense of wholeness, worthiness and your ability to make your own choices and decisions. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until today! 7 December)

Fear is an ineffective motivator because it results in poor decision making and low creativity. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 16)

Fear of making a wrong decision keeps people in limbo, as they procrastinate deciding which way to go. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 64)

Constant wavering can only hinder me from breaking out of my present thinking patterns. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 13 January)

Unclear goals create unclear results. You need to know where you're going and have faith that you will get there. Your intuition has been nagging at you to get moving on your goals. It's time to listen and obey your intuition, because that's how you'll get the joy, freedom, and security you deserve. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 45)

... lukewarm decisions create lukewarm results. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 18)

When attempting to solve a problem avoid the mistake of stopping with just stating the negative aspects of the problem. This behavior leads you nowhere. (after Cloud & Townsend, Boundaries Face To Face, p. 40)

Unclear goals create unclear and therefore, unsatisfying outcomes. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 47)

Only those who have real knowledge know what to do. (Indian Wisdom, in A Calendar Of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 14 November)

... I have learned that it's better to make a mistake once in a while than never do anything at all. (Twenty-Four Hours A Day, 18 November)

Let me first be sure what I intend and the reasons for my choice; this will guide my thoughts into constructive channels, and keep me from attempting the impractical or impossible. (Celebra Tueli in One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 28 December)
There is no greater demonstration of the power of faith than to decide what you're going to do, and to become determined in your own mind that you're going to do it. (Napoleon Hill, author of Think And Grow Rich)
How sad when a dream is within reach, yet we clutch tightly to obstacles that hinder our accomplishments. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 59)

8 February 2013



1 comment:

Susi's Quarter said...

Dick, this is so time appropriate for me. Many things happening in my genealogical world and most of it very exciting. My own life is always with twists and turns and events so this so fits the bill today. Blessings my friend a great write up.