Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Write It Down


I write down experiences I don't want to forget: my haircut on Thursday, things my kids have said and done, seeds of ideas for future articles or books. These are things I want to remember. I need pen and paper (or a keyboard) to keep them from fading into oblivion.

A written record is essential to keeping ideas alive. The evangelist knew this; in recording Christ’s life, they altered history. Our own records don't have that reach or resonance, but our scribbles are worth cherishing. They show us where we've been and where we still want to go.

Write down something that happened recently that you don't want to forget. Fold it up and tuck it away knowing that someday, you'll find it again.
(Ginny Kubitz Moyer in Daily Inspiration for Women, 14 March)

16 March 2016

No comments: