Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pay Off

One of Melva's Iris Plants

 ... [Our programs are] beginning to pay off when we increase our capacity to develop new and healthier ways of taking care of ourselves and relating to others.
(The Twelve Steps For Christians, p. 159)

******

Circular Flower Bed In Foreground

I went out under an overcast sky to work on maintenance of the round flower bed in the middle of the backyard.  Grass was chocking the iris plants.  The only way to correct the problem was to dig up both the iris roots and the grass. This allowed separation of the grass from the iris plants. I filled a bucket with iris roots that will need to be replanted. By the time I stopped most of the cloud cover was gone.  I took many breaks, sitting in a folding lawn chair, looking at the mums and the blue sky, while I enjoyed the Fall breeze.
19 Oct 2014

No comments: