Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time Is Passing

... time is passing and you don't have all the time in the world to accomplish what you desire.
(Thomas Moore, Dark Nights Of The Soul, p. 297)

One's life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.
(Luke 12:15 in Three Minutes A Day, Vol. 44, by The Christophers, 24 October)

Don't stop the flow of abundant energy by hoarding or owning what you receive. Keep it moving. Use your prosperity in the service of others, and for causes greater than your ego.
(Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, The Power Of Intention, p.185)

I urge you to simply accept the fact that you'll never get it all done and begin to live more fully in the only moment that you have - now!
(Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, The Power Of Intention, p. 194)

Although I cannot expect to achieve perfection, I can observe my progress and enjoy the deep satisfactions it can bring me.
(One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 24 June)

Your home is your castle. Keep it clean and healthful as you can.
(The Christophers, Three Minutes A Day, Vol. 44, 20 October)

Solving a problem starts with changing your viewpoint.
(The Christophers, Three Minutes A Day, Vol. 41, 19 October)

My goal will be to make myself entirely ready to let go of the negative habits of thought that have been reflected in the happenings of my life.
(One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 20 June)

The defects of character I want to be rid of, are sure to have deep roots in habit. My daily conscious cooperation will be needed as I ... try to deal with them patiently, one by one.
(One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 20 June)

The dark night of illness sets severe limits on what you can do. It forces you to slow down and focus on things that matter.  It keeps you in one place and on your back...
(Thomas Moore, Dark Nights Of The Soul, p. 282)

This day belongs to me. I can do wonderful things with it, creative things, including the creation of order in my surroundings and in my mind. Nobody else owns my particular segment of time, so it depends on me how well I will fill every moment to my satisfaction.
(One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 30 July)

The choices we make nearly always reflect our true character.
(John C. Maxwell, Leadership, 4 August)

Character isn't created in a crisis, it only comes to light. Everything you have done in the past -- and the things you have neglected to do -- come to a head when you're under pressure.
(John C. Maxwell, Leadership, 31 July)

[Often people] ... have personal patterns they are unable to change, ways of thinking, behaving, and living that defeat their best efforts.
(Cloud and Townsend, God Will Make A Way, p. 11)

Confront because you want to help solve a problem...
(Cloud and Townsend, Boundaries Face To Face, p. 228)

Positive confrontation is a sure sign that you care for a person and have their best interests at heart. Each time you build up ... [a person] and identify their problems, you give them an opportunity to grow.
(John C. Maxwell, Leadership, 28 July)

All confrontations require love so that the person you confront can metabolize the truth without feeling hated, bad, or defensive.
(Cloud and Townsend, Boundaries Face To Face, p. 226)

Finally, you may need to accept that the person ... [you are confronting] won't change. You may be dealing with a person who is ... [unable to listen or change] and confrontation may not help. At some point you may need to evaluate if you need to leave the relationship or setting because of the problem... or you may conclude that although you don't like what is going on, the advantages and good things make it worthwhile to stay. (Cloud and Townsend, Boundaries Face To Face, p. 263)

The true test of human contentedness is not wealth, but the answer to the questions, "Why am I here?" and, "What happens when I die?"
(I failed to record the source.)

Compiled by Richard E. Henthorn
20 November 2013

No comments: