An occasional review of our progress is an encouraging exercise, for it shows us that we are gradually learning how to live in poise and serenity.At any rate it is a good time to look back over the month just passed to see what progress we've made and what changes have taken place in our lives as a result of practicing our programs.
- Have we given sufficient attention to our program?
- Have we done at least a little reading each day?
- Are our family relationships more serene and happy than they were a month ago?
- Have we renewed a strained friendship; or made good for an injury to someone?
- Did we make an effort to avoid gossip?
- Did we try to learn something new?
Make this a day of review and preparation for the coming month in which you will renew your efforts to progress in your personal development.
If you don't see any improvement in the month which just ended, do not be discouraged. There are still many things to learn, one of which is, to accept yourself as you are. Everything good we can bring about must begin with that.
(after One Day At At A Time In Al-Anon, 31 July) 1 August 2012