Monday, March 9, 2015

Immatuity

Little Free Library at University Park, MD

A person remains immature, whatever his age, as long as he thinks of himself as an exception to the human race.
(Harry A. Overstreet in Night Light by Amy E. Dean, 21 June)

******

I wrote a blog post about using Facebook messages for file sharing. I uploaded the post today to my Genealogy blog.  I also shared the post with my "secret group" on Facebook.  I also posted a link to my Obituary blog about the legality of using obituaries in our genealogy projects.

Melva and I went to four thrift stores yesterday looking for something we didn't find.  I found one book that I was seeking, a like-new hard-bound copy of Daily Guideposts - 2014. For several years I purchased a year-old copy of this annual publication shortly after the start of the new year. I enjoy using this book in my daily reading program. I'm still reading the 2013 copy because I set it aside for a while last year. I probably mentioned before that I have read all of these books published between 1978 and 2012.  I no longer own copies because I needed to free up some space.

I also bought a copy of Moravian Daily Texts - 2013 which is also designed for daily reading. I remembered that I own an earlier edition of this publication and enjoyed it.  There were about a half dozen annual copies, for different years, on the shelf.  I thought one year would be enough.

The third book I purchased was Prayers from the Heart - Inspiration for Every Day!  This book is also designed for daily reading, with each day numbered.

I bought the self-titled CD, Lawson Creek Grass.  I'm not familiar with this Bluegrass band from Alton, VA.  I think it is fun to buy an album once in a while by someone I've never heard.

This morning I'm listening to some Aker Bilk music downloaded from Freegal the county library free music service.

Dick Henthorn
9 March 2015

No comments: