- Designate a family reading time. Read anything and everything.
- Connect reading to bedtime.
- Let the lights stay on for a while if your children are reading in bed.
- Take books or audio books on family drives.
- Read to each other whatever and wherever you can, such as during a meal or while waiting.
- Encourage children to carry a book with them to read in spare moments.
- Don't just read, share understandings and interpretations.
- The desire to read and the delight in doing so are among the greatest gifts you can give your children.
(after The Christophers, Three Minutes A Day, Vol. 41, 5 June)
(5 June 2014)