Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The More You Know

Earth Day 2014

The more you know and the better you know it, the greater is your responsibility for using your knowledge wisely.
(Thomas 'a Kempis, The Imitation Of Christ, Book 1, Chapter 2)

******

Yesterday we worked in the yard for several hours.  I bought a gallon of gas for the lawn mower.  I got lucky, the mower started after two or three pulls. I trimmed around the edges and mowed the front and back yard. This year we are required to put the yard waste into brown paper bags. I'll need to get used to that. It's not as easy as dumping the grass into a plastic bag. Sometimes part of the grass fell on the ground and once I ripped the top of the bag. Melva and I dug up some of the day lilies and lily of the valley plants in the flowerbed near the kitchen window.  We plan to plant tomato plants there this year. Because we no longer can use the plastic bags that mulch comes in for yard waste I took all of those bags to the front curb for recycle pick up on Tuesday. This will free up lots of space in the shed, maybe I'll be able to spot a bag of grass fertilizer and gain access to the spreader.

Mr. Dickie
22 April 2014

No comments: