Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This & That

I will not yield to my compulsion to go on talking after I have made my point ... (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 18 December)

It is not men's acts which disturb us - but our reaction to them. Take these away and anger goes. No wrong act of another can bring shame on you. (Marcus Aurelius in One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 15 November)

Needless arguments are a colossal waste of time and energy. (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., I'd Change My Life If I Had More Time, p. 164)

What appears to be trivial and insignificant may make a person feel that life is worth living. (Thomas Moore, Dark Nights Of The Soul, p. 31)

Let me not expect easy solutions to my problems. Make me realize that many of my difficulties were created by me, by my own reactions to the happenings in my daily life. I ask only to be guided to a better way. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 6 January)

No comments: