Friday, June 29, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
- If you can take your troubles as they come,
- if you can maintain your calm and composure amid pressing duties and unending engagements,
- if you can rise above the distressing and disturbing circumstances in which you are set down,
- you have discovered a priceless secret of daily living.
- ... you have succeeded where most people have failed.
(Twenty-Four Hours A Day, 27 June)
27 June 2012
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
- you do not have to get pregnant because you can use birth control, and
- you should not get pregnant if you don't have the ability to provide for that child's financial and emotional well-being from the moment of it's birth well into the future.
(Jane Velez-Mitchell, Addict Nation, p. 199) 26 June 2012
Monday, June 25, 2012
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Saturday, June 23, 2012
[Note: I failed to post to this blog yesterday.]
23 June 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The King was saying, 'I assure, you my dear, I turned cold to the very ends of my whiskers!'
To which the Queen replied, 'You haven't got any whiskers.'
'The horror of that moment,' the King went on, 'I shall never, never forget!'
'You will, though,' the Queen said, 'if you don't make a memorandum of it.'
(Lewis Carroll, Through The Looking Glass)
(19 June 2012)
Monday, June 18, 2012
I've been working on a project to learn more about the Yahoo photo storage application - Flickr. I've created photo "sets" for two of my recent photo shoots. I think reader might like how easy it is for me to share links to the photos using Flickr.
On 9 June 2012 while we were in Norfolk, VA for the weekend we attended OpSail 2012. I had a great time taking photos of the tail ships.
Melva's quilting class, Sharing The Love Quilters, which meets at the Bowie Senior Center in Bowie, MD mounted a quilt show at the center which officially started on 15 June 2012. I went to the center a day early to take photos of the exhibit.
Sharing The Love Quilters
Sharing The Love Quilters
18 June 2012
Sunday, June 17, 2012
There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other wings. (Hodding Carter in Chicken Soup For The Father's Soul, p. 93)
17 June 2012
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Monday, June 11, 2012
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
- What we give out comes back to us.
- What we think manifests in form.
- What we fear has power over us.
- When we love, we'll discover love all around us.
(Karen Casey, Keepers Of The Wisdom, 11 May)
8 June 2012
Thursday, June 7, 2012
... do not fight words with words.
Thomas 'A Kempis,
The Imitation of Christ, Book 3,
Chapter 36, p. 128
I get words all day through;
First from him, now from you!
Is that all you blighters can do?
Don't talk of stars burning above;
If you're in love, Show me!
Tell me no dreams filled with desire.
If you're on fire, Show me!
Here we are together in the middle of the night!
Don't talk of spring! Just hold me tight!
Anyone who's ever been in love’ll tell you that
This is no time for a chat!
Haven’t your lips longed for my touch?
Don’t say how much, Show me! Show me!
Don't talk of love lasting through time.
Make me no undying vow. Show me now!
Sing me no song! Read me no rhyme!
Don't waste my time, Show me!”
—“My Fair Lady,” Lerner & Lowe, 1964